What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual. If you do provide personally identifiable information to us we will:
– Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
– take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
– not use or disclose the information except:
• in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
• as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
• to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
• as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
• as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of wineLENS, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organisations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.